Sunday, July 11, 2010

Unique Content Article on , ,

A Woman Has Needs

by Dr. Vance Hardisty

They were seated across the table from me. She was furious and he was on the defensive. I asked her what the problem was. She looked at me and said, "He just won't talk to me!"

"Is this true?" I asked.

He got that awww shucks expression and then said, "Shoot, I just don't have anything to say."

I smiled inwardly because I actually knew this couple on a social basis. We had been at a social gathering a couple weeks before and I had the opportunity to talk to him. He literally spent a half hour talking my ear off. So I knew that chatting was not a problem for him. He just didn't want to talk to her, or he didn't feel like it was important.

So I pulled him aside and we sat down for a small one-on-one chat. I explained to him just how important talking and communication was to his wife, and how it was her way of being able to connect with him. If he would learn how to communicate efficiently with her, it could literally turn their marriage around in a matter of weeks if not days.

He gazed at me and said, "Well, all right, so what am I supposed to do?"

I gave him four things.

1. "Give her your full attention for as long as she needs it. It doesn't matter whether that's 10 minutes or two hours." I could see he was having a hard time with that, because, as I said earlier, he couldn't quite seem to understand why that was important. I told him that it would meet his wife's emotional need to feel important to him.

2. "As she's talking, you need to ask her questions about the details of whatever she's discussing. Yes, it will make her stories go longer, but it will meet her emotional need to feel loved by you."

3. "As you're sharing make sure that your body language is open. Don't have your arms and legs crossed. Your tone of voice should be loving and kind. Why? Because it will meet her emotional need to feel cherished."

4. "When she gets around to asking you about your day, you need to respond with something greater than a grunt, or "It was fine". And please don't give her a shopping list of what you did at 9am, 10am 11am and noon. Pick something that happened during the day and tell her some details about it. Why? Because it will meet her emotional need to feel involved in your life.

I finished telling them these four things and he stared at me and said, "Ummmm, is this all about her emotional needs?"

I said, "Yeah, that's precisely what this is all about - her emotional needs. And the more you meet those needs, the less that she will demand."

This is one of the key building blocks we help a couple save their marriage, get rid of problems and start living the marriage of their dreams. Will it solve all problems? No, but that's why we also have other thorough suggestions in our material for men and our material for women. We want to assist you. Join us.

Dr. Vance Hardisty International Speaker and Author Love Relationship Headquarters www.loverelationshipheadquarters.com

Do you have relationship problems? You are not alone. We'll show you how to save your marriage , and get separate help for women This article, A Woman Has Needs has free reprint rights.

---------------------------------------------------
You are receiving this because you signed up for it on 2010-02-26 from IP 196.25.255.210

To fine-tune your selection of which articles to receive, just login here:

http://www.uniquearticlewizard.com/bloggers/

using your username: magriet


To unsubscribe please use the following link:
http://www.uniquearticlewizard.com/unsubscribe.php?mail=magriet1.exback@blogger.com&code=ae7cf1192a85fab0f4577a571c1e4168
---------------------------------------------------

No comments: