Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Unique Content Article on , ,

Short Quick Excerpts Of Wedding And Proposal Stories Part 3

by Wendy Stoller

When I finished college, I moved to Queensland for two years. I eventually became home sick and moved back to Canberra. I was out partying one night with girlfriends at a bar and Mark asked a mutual friend to introduce us. We danced for a while and he asked me out to dinner the following Saturday night - I knew he was the one from that first dance. We bought a house together two years later and lived there for three years - Mark told me that he had won a prize on a local radio station for us to go skydiving. I had never done anything like it before and was very nervous, but he kept telling me that it would be ok and that I would love it. We went up in a tiny plane and when we reached 10,000 feet, it was time to jump - just before Mark jumped out, he looked at me and asked me to marry him! Of course I said yes and jumped out after him. When we landed friends and family were waiting for us with champagne and of course, the ring. It was very romantic and a huge surprise.

It was so romantic, we got married in the Brisbane botanical gardens, on the wedding lawn, overlooking a little lake, it was just perfect. Our theme was, semi formal with a purple & white colour scheme. We had "Elegant Settings" do all the chairs, covers and red carpet, we felt like royalty. We had Naomi Brett (Harpist) playing the Harp for back ground music who was just fantastic and her music was so beautiful. I walked down the aisle with my mum and dad who had both travelled in the car with me and our dear little daughter Abby, with my bridesmaids in the other car. I felt so special, when I saw Stu standing there waiting for me at the end of the aisle with a big smile on his face.

Upon entering the reception room we proceeded to engage in a Polish wedding tradition where the parents of the bride and groom feed the couple salt, bread and sweet dessert wine as a symbol of the sweetness and bitterness of life. We briefly cut the cake and attempted to eat dinner. I couldn't eat much as I was a little nervous and I was very surprised when Steven refused to eat as he wasn't feeling well. We put it down to nerves but I was later to find out he was suffering from food poisoning from the previous day!

My favourite part of the day was walking down the aisle, holding my father's hand - progressing toward the man I was to marry, the most wonderful man in the world. We had the fairytale reception at Curzon Hall. It was just beautiful. The staff were very professional and the food was lovely. We had a traditional reception in a true castle. What I had always dreamt of. In fact, the reception was the easiest thing to arrange, because I had the help of Christine at Curzon Hall who guided me through the process and gave great advice. It was a true joy to plan the reception.

Jason had planned to propose to me during the month of September. He designed the ring and took it to Michael Wilson to weave his magic. September turned out to be a very sad month. September 11 happened, and it knocked us all around for quite a while. During the same month, the collapse of Ansett also occurred. Jason works for the travel industry, so you can just imagine what the following months were like for him! It was not the time or the place to be getting engaged. We had planned a weekend away to Mt Buffalo.

Our wedding day had arrived. It was a beautiful sunny day without a cloud in the sky. My day started with my best friend waking me up at 7am singing "You are my Sun Shine" and then proceed to sing "We're going to the Chapel" and pushing me out of bed. I slept like a baby the night before our wedding. All my worries had gone, I knew everything had been done and nothing could be changed, 'it was out of my control'. I had a great morning with my three bridesmaids. We spent the morning at my best friends salon and my sister and I did the makeup. Upon retuning from the salon, two-dozen long stem red roses arrived. When I saw the roses being walked up my parent's driveway, I cried for the first time. The tears didn't stop there...

These stories can be read at by visiting truebride.com.au. And, if there's a wedding coming up for you, Wendy Stoller would like to take this time to invite you to visit her site for Examples of Wedding Speeches.
---------------------------------------------------
You are receiving this because you signed up for it on 2010-02-26 from IP 196.25.255.210

To fine-tune your selection of which articles to receive, just login here:

http://www.uniquearticlewizard.com/bloggers/

using your username: magriet


To unsubscribe please use the following link:
http://www.uniquearticlewizard.com/unsubscribe.php?mail=magriet1.exback@blogger.com&code=ae7cf1192a85fab0f4577a571c1e4168
---------------------------------------------------

No comments: